Many workplaces offer development courses as an employment benefit - be sure to communicate your interest in learning! Consider selecting a course that will add to your job performance, then ask if the company will support you in taking it. Perhaps they will give you paid time to take courses, or will pay the registration fees. Some workplaces have their own learning management system that you may access — ask about it!
Whether professional development is offered on the job, you can invest in yourself by completing courses. When you earn your certificate, add the information to your Master App and list it on applications and resumes to demonstrate you knowledge related to a specific job.
Where can I take career-skill courses online?
- Computer Skills (including AHFC Jumpstart's Basic Computer Skills 1 - 2 - 3)
- Coursera (many topics — scholarships available)
- EdX Public Speaking (and other courses)
- UA Interior Campus Fairbanks
- Khan Academy (great math reviews)